Dijon New Potato & Green Bean Salad
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 4 eggs
- ½ lb. green beans (around 3 c.), snapped, large ones cut in half
- 2 lb. new potatoes (around 6 medium-large potatoes), whole with peels
- ½ c. thinly sliced sweet onions
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. honey
- 2 tsp. sherry or white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. dried tarragon (or 1 Tbsp. fresh)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp. Driftless sunflower oil
- ⅓ c. finely sliced onion greens
- ⅓ c. chopped celery
- Hard boil eggs & let cool. Bring salted water to boil in a medium sauce pan. Add green beans & blanch for about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove them & immediately plunge into a bowl of ice water to cool. Drain. Add new potatoes & boil until just tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Drain & fill with cold water to cool. Meanwhile, in a medium serving bowl, whisk together mustard, honey, vinegar, tarragon, salt & pepper. Continue whisking while adding oil.
- Slice potatoes & eggs. Gently toss green beans & onions into dressing, then fold in potatoes, eggs, onion greens and celery. Serve with parsley.