Looking for a hearty soup that will not only fill you up, but warm you up? Look no further than out Roasted Sweet Potato Carrot and Celeriac Soup recipe.
Roasted Sweet Potato Carrot and Celeriac Soup
- 1 sweet potato, cut in chunks
- 1 celeriac root, peeled and cut in chunks
- 2 cups chopped carrots, chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 5-6 cups vegetable broth (you can make your own with onion skins, celeriac stems/leaves & peelings, leek tops, etc. simmer it all for 1 hour, strain and it is ready!)
- Some of your celeriac leaves, minced (for garnish)
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Place the sweet potato, carrots, and celery root in a roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil. Roast for about 45 minutes stirring a few times. The veggies should have a nice golden color to them.
- In a stock pot, combine onions, leeks and garlic with a little bit of Driftless Sunflower Oil (or olive oil) and sauté over medium heat for 5 minutes until the onions/leeks become soft and translucent. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Add the roasted veggies to the pot and mix everything around and cook for a few minutes.
- Add 5 cups of vegetable broth to the pot, cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 25-30 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 15 minutes before you puree with a hand blender or an upright blender. Add a little bit more vegetable broth if the soup is too thick for your liking.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper if necessary. Garnish with minced celeriac leaves just before serving.