This Mega Greens Lasagne is MEGA-ly amazing! Use you favorite green or combination of greens to make this tasty dish.
Mega Greens Lasagne
- 8 cups mixed greens (red kale, spinach, swiss chard, radish tops, celeriac tops)
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 tablespoons Driftless Sunflower Oil (or olive oil)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup grated each of these cheeses: Mozzarella, Fontina, Montery Jack
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped celeriac leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 1½ teaspoons red-pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 package no-boil lasagna noodles
- ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a large casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- PREPARE THE FILLING:
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large sauté pan. Add the onion and cook until translucent, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add the greens in batches, allowing it to cook down before adding more. Cook until all the greens have wilted, 6 to 7 minutes. In a medium bowl, mix the ricotta with the milk, parsley, thyme, rosemary and red-pepper flakes to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- BUILD THE LASAGNA:
- Begin laying noodles in the base of the prepared casserole dish. Top with a quarter of the ricotta mixture and gently spread it evenly. Drizzle the surface with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with a quarter of the spinach mixture. Repeat with another two sets of layers. Finish with a layer of noodles, ricotta and a final drizzle of oil. Top with the mozzarella cheese. Bake in the preheated oven until the filling is bubbly and the mozzarella is golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool and set 15 to 20 minutes before serving.