These zucchini and corn tacos are great topped with salsa verde! Check out the tomatillo page in the recipe section.
Zucchini and Corn Tacos
- 1 tsp. olive oil or sunflower oil
- 2 cups zucchini, sliced into 1⁄4” half moons
- 2 banana peppers, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 3 kale leaves, finely chopped
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 lime, zest and juiced
- 1 tbsp. jalapeno, finely diced
- 4 large flour tortillas
- Heat a large skillet and add the oil, zucchini, peppers, 1⁄2 of the onion, minced garlic and corn kernels. Cook for 8-10 minutes. Season with salt & pepper.
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado with lime juice, zest, remaining onion and jalapeno. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Assemble the tacos by spreading the avocado mix onto tortilla shells. Top with the cooked veggie mix, followed by the kale. Try adding some salsa verde (above) to finish off these delicious tacos.