Tzatziki Sauce is a creamy Greek sauce made with cucumbers, dill and garlic. The eggplant gyros with tzatziki sauce are a super tasty combination!
Eggplant Gyros with Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 12 rounds, grilled (see
- otherside of newsletter for instructions)
- 2 tablespoons sunflower or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Gyro seasoning
- 1⅓ cups plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup finely diced unpeeled cucumber
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 4 pocketless pitas, lightly grilled if you like
- 2 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- To make the tzatziki sauce: add the yogurt, lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper to a medium bowl and whisk to thoroughly combine. Add the cucumber, garlic, and dill and stir to evenly combine. Adjust seasoning to your taste.
- Top each pita with about 3 tablespoons each tzatziki. Arrange the grilled eggplant on the pita. Top with tomatoes and onion and fold.
- Serve with remaining tzatziki on the side.