Vietnamese Root Slaw
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 4½ cups grated mixed root vegetables of choice (such as daikon radish, carrots, beets, turnips, etc.)
- ½ cup red onions, diced
- 1 small hot or sweet pepper, seeded & minced
- ¼ c. fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 4 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- salt & black pepper to taste
- pinch of cayenne (optional)
- Place grated vegetables, onions, peppers, & cilantro in a serving bowl.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients & pour over the vegetable.
- Toss thoroughly & add more salt/ pepper/vinegar to taste. Serve immediately.