Grated Beet and Carrot Salad
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 large raw beet, coarsely grated
- 1 large carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger root, finely grated
- 2 Tbsp. oil (canola, vegetable, sunflower, peanut, etc.)
- 3 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced salt & pepper to taste
- ¼ c. minced red onion
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, finely chopped (optional)
- 6 lettuce leaves
- Place beets & carrots in separate bowls.
- Combine ginger, oil, vinegar, & garlic.
- Toss beets with half of the dressing & add salt & pepper.
- Mix together the red onion, carrots, cilantro (if using), & the remaining dressing with salt & pepper.
- Arrange the lettuce on a platter, mound the carrots & beets artfully on top of them & serve.