Mediterranean Beet Salad
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Salad
- 4 whole, unpeeled beets, trimmed, leaving 1 inch of stems attached
- ¼ cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, dill, or mint
- 2 tablespoons Driftless sunflower oil or extra-virgin olive
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake whole beets on a cookie sheet until easily pierced with a fork, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Once done, remove from oven, & allow to cool.
- Peel (skin should slip off) & cut into ¼ inch slices.
- While the beets are roasting, whisk together shallot, parsley, oil, & vinegar in a bowl until blended; season to taste with salt & pepper.
- To assemble the dish, place the warm, sliced beets onto a serving dish, pour vinaigrette over the beets, & sprinkle with feta cheese before serving.
- Garnish with extra herbs.