Grated Beet and Orange Salad
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Salad
- 3 medium beets, grated (no need to peel)
- ¼ c. dried cranberries
- Juice of one orange (plus a bit of zest if you wish)
- 2 Tbsp. olive or cold-pressed sunflower oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- FOR GARNISH: cashews & peeled chunks of navel oranges or sections of satsuma mandarins or clementines (optional)
- Combine orange juice, oil, salt, pepper, & garlic.
- Add grated beets & craisins.
- Garnish with cashews & orange chunks if you wish.
- Let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes so flavors can meld.
- Will store in fridge for several days.