Lemongrass Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 1 stalk fresh lemongrass, trimmed, cut into ½” pieces
- 3 cloves fresh garlic OR 2 garlic scapes, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 tsp. coriander seeds
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. Asian fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp. tamari
- 1 lime, juice & zest
- black pepper to taste
- 1½ lb. boneless chicken breast or thighs, cut into finger sized strips
- 8-10 leaves green leaf or butterhead lettuce
- ¼ c. cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1/ 4.c. scallions, chopped
- ¼ c. roasted salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Combine marinade ingredients in food processor & pulse until not quite smooth (there will be some lemongrass fibers still present – it’s OK).
- Place in a non-reactive baking dish, stir in chicken to coat, cover, & marinate in fridge for 1-3 hours.
- Thread onto bamboo skewers & grill over medium-high heat for 2-4 minutes per side. Let cool a bit.
- Meanwhile, wash & dry lettuce leaves.
- Place a piece of chicken on each lettuce leaf, top with cilantro, scallions, & peanuts & serve.