This Lemongrass Curry Over Eggplant and Cauliflower recipe is a great way to switch up your regular dinner routine. Serve over rice if you like!
Lemongrass Curry Over Eggplant and Cauliflower
- 1 cauliflower, leaves removed & chopped
- 1 eggplant, peeled & chopped
- 1-2 jalapenos, deseeded and chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- ½ inch fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 3-4 stalks lemongrass, outer leaves removed, chopped
- into pieces
- 2 tablespoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1.5 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable stock or water
- Using a food processor, pulse the chilies, garlic, ginger, sugar and lemongrass into a coarse paste
- and set aside.
- Heat the oil in frying pan and add the cauliflower with the turmeric and chili powder for around 5 minutes.
- Add the eggplant, cook for another five minutes and remove from pan.
- Cook the paste for a couple minutes and then return the veggies to the pan.
- Add the tamari or soy sauce, coconut milk and stock or water, mix well and bring to a boil. Reduce
- the heat and cook gently until the veggies are tender, but not mushy, about 10 minutes. Enjoy!