Looking for a new, fun way to eat your broccoli?? Check out this Broccoli Fritters recipe below!
- 1 head broccoli (stems too!) roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp oil (vegetable, olive oil, canola)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- Steam or boil the broccoli for 3-5 minutes, until tender.
- Using a potato masher, smash the broccoli into small pieces.
- Lightly beat the egg in a large bowl and add the flour, parmesan, milk, salt, pepper and cayenne if
- Place egg in a bowl and use a fork to lightly beat the egg. Add the broccoli and mix well.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a fry pan over medium heat. Scoop ¼ cup of the broccoli mixture and drop into the pan and use a spoon to gently flatten to about ½” thickness. Cook each side for 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with yogurt sauce, BBQ sauce or top with cheese!