The Organic Thai Coconut Vegetable Soup is a hearty enough soup to eat for dinner and keep you full! Plus it is down right delish!
Thai Coconut Vegetable Soup
Author: Dani Lind
This recipe was created by Dani Lind of Rooted Spoon Culinary
- 8 oz. wide rice noodles, cooked & rinsed in cold water
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1 Tbsp. whole coriander seeds (optional)
- 2 big stems lemongrass, trimmed, lightly pounded with the back of a knife, & cut into 2” pieces
- 1 leek, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1” chunk of ginger, thinly sliced
- 0-3 hot peppers, sliced, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. Thai red curry paste
- 3 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 Asian or ½ an Italian eggplant, cut into ½” pieces
- 1 purple carrot, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 c. purple/yellow beans, cut in half
- 1 red or green sweet pepper, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 quart water
- 3 Tbsp. each lime juice & soy sauce
- Basil &/or cilantro for garnish (+ more thinly sliced hot peppers if desired)
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed soup pot.
- Add coriander seeds, lemongrass, leeks, garlic, ginger, & hot pepper(s) & saute for a couple minutes.
- Add curry paste & tomatoes & stir.
- Add remaining vegetables, coconut milk, & water & bring to a boil.
- Turn down heat & simmer until vegetables are cooked, 10-15 minutes.
- Add lime juice & soy sauce, taste, & adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Divide rice noodles evenly amongst 4-6 soup bowls, ladle in soup, & garnish with basil & cilantro. Serves 4-6
Check out other great recipes from Driftless Organics.
Driftless Organics CSA farm delivers CSA boxes full of wholesome, fresh & organic produce to the Twin Cities, Madison and locally to Viroqua, LaCrosse & Prairie du Chein. Click HERE for more information.