Organic 2-in-1 Heirloom Tomato & Fresh Mozzarella is a summertime classic… doubly delicious! Make it your favorite way today!
- 1 lb. heirloom tomatoes (mixed colors are pretty), sliced thickly
- ½ lb. fresh mozzarella (the kind in a salty brine), sliced/torn into bite sized pieces
- Handful of fresh basil
- 3 Tbsp. Driftless Sunflower Oil or olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- crusty bread, preferably a baguette
- Option #1: Caprese Salad: Alternate tomato slices, cheese slices, & basil leaves. Drizzle w/ oil & vinegar, sprinkle w/ salt & pepper & serve at room temperature w/ fresh bread
- Option #2: Panzanella Salad: Use day old bread cut into chunks (or cut fresh bread into chunks & let them dry out for an hour or so or lightly toast them) & combine with tomatoes & mozzarella cut into chunks, coarsely chopped basil, oil & vinegar, salt & pepper & allow to sit for about an hour at room temperature before serving.
Check out other great recipes from Driftless Organics.
Driftless Organics CSA farm delivers CSA boxes full of wholesome, fresh & organic produce to the Twin Cities, Madison and locally to Viroqua, LaCrosse & Prairie du Chein. Click HERE for more information.