Succotash is a great side dish to get creative with. Use our recipe below as a template and add in other veggies or spices!
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 ears corn
- 2 banana peppers, diced
- Your bag of green beans, trimmed and cut into
- ½-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 mini onions, cut into ¼-inch pieces
- ½ teaspoon celery seeds
- ¾ teaspoon paprika
- Carefully slice kernels from the corn cobs using a sharp knife.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and season with 1 tablespoon salt. Add the beans to the water and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until they are cooked, but still crispy. Strain and run under cold water to cool.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter. Cook onions, peppers and celery seeds until the veggies begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add corn and 1 teaspoon salt, and cook for, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in beans and paprika. Season with salt and pepper, and cook until heated through, about two minutes