A fun twist on a classic vegetable, this Brown Butter Cauliflower with Pumpkin Seeds and Lime is a great recipe when you’re looking for some new flavors on your plate. Enjoy!
Brown Butter Cauliflower with Pumpkin Seeds and Lime
- Your head of cauliflower, roughly chopped
- ½ bulb fresh garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 or so tablespoons Driftless Organics Sunflower Oil or olive oil
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup raw shelled pumpkin seeds
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup fresh curly parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Toss cauliflower with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour on roasting pan/ dish. Roast until underside is deeply browned, 20– 25 minutes. Turn cauliflower over, season with salt and pepper, and continue to roast until other side is dark brown and crisp, 15–20 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small skillet over medium. Add pumpkin seeds, bring to a simmer, and cook, swirling pan occasionally, until pumpkin seeds are toasted and butter is browned and smells nutty, 6–8 minutes. Remove from heat and add red pepper flakes; let cool 10 minutes.
- Add chopped parsley and lime juice; season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange cauliflower on a serving platter and drizzle with the butter mixture. Serve topped with the chopped up parsley.