This Spicy No Mayo Coleslaw is a great option for vegans and non-vegans alike!
Spicy No Mayo Coleslaw
- 1 sweetheart cabbage, shredded
- 2-3 carrots, shredded
- 1 bell pepper, diced (or shredded)
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced (seeds removed for less heat - and optional, I guess)
- ½ your parsley bunch, chopped
- 1 cucumber, minced
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard to taste
- 2 tablespoons sherry or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup Driftless Organics Sunflower Oil or extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup chopped yellow onion Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Start with the dressing: whisk together the mustard and vinegar in a small bowl, along with the garlic and jalapeño. Add the oil a little at a time, whisking all the while.
- In a big bowl: combine all of the veggies and toss with the dressing. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and refrigerate until ready to serve. (It’s best to let the slaw rest for an hour or so to allow the flavors to marry; the cabbage will also soften a bit and exude some juice. You can let it sit longer, up to 24 hours, if you like. Drain the slaw before continuing.)
- Just before serving, toss with the parsley.