Indian Makhani is a thick, flavorful sauce that is great over veggies! Add some rice or quinoa to this dish and you’ve got a super hearty meal.
Indian Makhani Veggies
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower, steamed
- 2 cups chopped broccoli, steamed
- 1 zucchini/summer squash, chopped & sauteed
- 1 bell pepper, chopped & sauteed
- 1 bunch collards, chopped & sauteed
- *Makhani sauce*
- 2 teaspoons Driftless Organics sunflower oil
- 3 mini onions, chopped
- 1 inch ginger chopped
- 5-6 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 dry red chili or chili flakes to taste
- 1.5 cups crushed tomato
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 Tablespoon fenugreek
- ¾ cup coconut milk (from can)
- ⅓ cup soaked cashews
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- In a pan, add oil and heat on medium heat. Add chopped onion and saute until golden, 6-7 minutes.
- Add ginger, garlic, chili and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add the spices and mix.
- Add crushed tomatoes, salt, sugar, fenugreek, mix and cook around 8-10 minutes.
- Cool slightly, then blend with coconut milk and cashews into a smooth puree.
- Taste and adjust to your liking with salt or extra spice. Return to the pan, add the pre-cooked veggies and let simmer until thickened.
- Serve immediately & enjoy!