Is your kitchen like mine in the summer? Too hot?! Check out this Grilled Yukon Gold Foil Packet Extraordinaire recipe and fire up your grill, not your kitchen.
- 2 pounds potatoes, NOT peeled, cut up into 1” cubes.
- ½ white onion, chopped into big chunks
- 1 poblano pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper (optional for spiciness)
- 2-4 cloves of garlic, chopped (but not minced)
- ¼ cup Driftless Sunflower Oil or olive oil
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed juice from 1 to 2 lemons,
- plus more to taste
- Your rosemary leaves, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, peppers, oil, lemon juice, onion, and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Distribute to 3 or 4 foil “packets” (made simply by taking a square piece of foil and pouring some of the potato mixture into the middle… you get the idea).
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Rotate packets front to back and continue cooking for 10 minutes longer. Move packets directly over coals, cover, and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Remove from grill and let cool for 5 minutes. Carefully open packets, season with additional salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste, and serve immediately.