Ever tried GRATING cauliflower or romanesco?! Try our Spanish Sauteed Cauliflower with Red Kale Recipe out and this may become your new favorite way to prepare cauliflower!!
Spanish Sauteed Cauliflower with Red Kale
Author: Dani Lind
- 1 large head cauliflower or romanesco, grated
- 2 tablespoons Driftless Sunflower Oil (or olive oil)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 mini peppers, finely chopped
- 1 bunch of red kale
- 2 red slicers or 4 roma tomatoes, chopped up
- 1 tsp, or to taste 1.5 tablespoons chili powder
- Cherry or grape tomatoes for serving, optional
- Remove all of the green stems from your cauliflower and chop the head in half. Using a box grater (or a food processor), grate the whole head of cauliflower.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil to medium-high and sauté the onion until fragrant and softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the mini peppers, and garlic and sauté another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the grated cauliflower and cook, stirring frequently, until it begins to turn brown and cook down, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, and chili powder and stir well to combine. Cook until much of the liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped kale leaves and stir them into the mixture well. Cook until wilted, about 3 minutes.