Roasted Tomatillo and Tomato Salsa
- 7 tomatillos
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 2 jalapeños
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ red onion
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Half the tomatoes, jalapenos, and tomatillos. Remove the seeds from the jalapenos if you don’t want it to be hot!
- Broil the tomatillos for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and jalapenos and continue to broil for 10 more minutes. Watch closely and if they start to burn, flip them around.
- Cool, then add to blender or food processor with onion, garlic, juice from the lime, vinegar, and cilantro. Pulse to desired texture.