Roasted Summer Vegetables with Fresh Sage
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 6 cups mixed vegetables cut into big, bite sized pieces (cauliflower, summer squash, onions, peppers, green beans, etc.)
- ¼ c. Driftless sunflower oil or olive oil
- salt & black pepper to taste
- 4-6 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- fresh sage, cut into chiffonade (make a stack of leaves, roll them up, & cut into very narrow strips)
- fresh Parmesan or Romano, grated (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Toss vegetables, oil, salt, & pepper in large bowl & spread evenly onto a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast, stirring once or twice, for about 15 minutes.
- Add in the garlic & roast for another 5-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sage and cheese if using.
- Serve immediately as a side dish, or toss into pasta.
- Leftovers make delicious roasted vegetable sandwiches with provolone cheese and mayo.