Here’s a great side dish you can whip up easily – Roasted Radishes and Turnips with Greens! Yum!
Roasted Radishes and Turnips with Greens
- Your bunch of radishes (greens included)
- Your bunch of salad turnips (greens included)
- 2 stalks of green garlic
- 2-3 spring onions
- 2 tablespoons Driftless Organics Sunflower Oil (or extra-virgin olive oil)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 500°.
- Trim the radishes and turnips and wash the greens; pat dry.
- Chop green garlic up to where the leaves get thick and woody. Coarsely chop spring onions (all the way to top!) Coarsely chop kale mix, radish & turnip greens.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat the oil until shimmering. Add the radishes, turnips, garlic and onions. Season with salt and pepper and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned in spots, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast the mixture for 10 minutes, until crisp-tender.
- Return the skillet to the burner and stir in the butter to coat the goods. Add the greens and cook over moderate heat until they are wilted, about 2 minutes. Add the lemon juice and season with salt. Serve immediately.