Kick up the flavor of your mashed potatoes by trying out Poblano Mashed Potato recipe!
Poblano Mashed Potatoes
- ½ cup butter
- 1 head of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- 5 medium potatoes, cut into quarters
- ⅓ cup cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Place ¼ cup of the butter, the garlic and the poblano in a small dish, cover with lid or aluminum foil and bake for 20-25 minutes until very soft.
- In the meantime, place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water so they are just covered. Add a little salt and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat and softly boil the potatoes until they are very tender. Drain and allow to cool a little.
- Add the garlic and poblano mixture to the potatoes along with the remaining butter and cream. Mash well. Add salt and pepper to taste.