Warm up this fall with our East Indian Harvest Soup, bursting with flavor!
East Indian Harvest Soup
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 large or 2 small red kuri squash, peeled and chopped
- 2 parsnips, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 3 stalks lemongrass, tops cut off (white and light green
- parts remaining)
- ½ jalapeno, diced
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat and add onions, garlic, and ginger. Sauté 3 minutes until onions are softened.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Cover, and reduce heat to medium. Let it simmer for at least 20 minutes, until the veggies are tender.
- Transfer the soup to a blender and blend, or use an immersion blender in the pot on low speed. Once the soup is smooth and creamy, serve immediately.