Middle Eastern Chard with Yogurt
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Side Dish
Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- 1 bunch chard
- 1 medium onion (or fresh shallots), thinly sliced
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Driftless sunflower oil or olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. chicken or vegetable broth or water
- 1 c. plain yogurt (thick Greek-style strained yogurt works best)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Wash chard. Remove stems & chop separately.
- Coarsely chop leaves. In medium sauce pan, sauté onions in oil over medium heat. When softened, add garlic & chard stems & sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Add chard leaves, stir to coat, add broth or water & cover with a lid to steam for a minute or two.
- Remove from heat & in a serving bowl combine chard mixture with the yogurt, salt, & pepper.
- Serve warm or cold.