Indian Carrot and Yogurt Salad
Recipe type: Salad
* adapted from “Quick & Easy Indian Cooking” by Madhur Jaffrey
- 1 c. plain yogurt, beaten lightly with a fork
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely grated
- ½ tsp. sugar
- salt & cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. Driftless sunflower, safflower, or canola oil
- ¼ tsp. whole cumin seeds (or ground if that’s all you’ve got)
- ¼ tsp. whole black or yellow mustard seeds
- 3 Tbsp. raisins
- Mix yogurt, carrots, sugar, salt, & cayenne. In a small frying pan, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add cumin & mustard seeds.
- Stir a few times & as soon as they start to pop add raisins.
- Stir once & empty contents into yogurt-carrot mixture & mix.