Roasted Gold Beet and Green Bean Salad
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Side Dish/Salad
- All of the gold beets from your bunch
- 2-3 Tbsp Driftless Sunflower Oil (or olive oil)
- 1 lb green beans
- 2Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Juice of half a lemon
- 6 Tbsp Driftless Sunflower Oil (or olive oil)
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 3 oz crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut beets into halves, dice and toss with 2-3 Tbsp oil until well coated. Spread on a rimmed baking sheet and place in the oven for about 20 minutes until tender and beginning to brown in spots. It is a good idea to use a spatula and toss the beets around once or twice during roasting time for even cooking.
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Blanch beans for about 4 minutes until tender. Drain and transfer them to a bowl of ice water until cool. Drain and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, lemon juice, Dijon and olive oil. Combine the beets, green beans, and the dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste, top with the feta cheese, and mix to combine. Add more dressing if needed. Garnish with c i l an t r o .