Frisee Endive Salad
Author: Dani Lind
- 1 head of frisée
- ½ c. blue cheese, crumbled
- ½ c. dried cranberries
- ⅓ c. walnuts, broken into pieces (or more if you really like walnuts!)
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. finely minced yellow onion
- 1 tsp. each grainy mustard & honey
- 1½ Tbsp. sunflower, or olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Wash endive & spin dry. Coarsely chop or rip leaves & place in serving bowl.
- In a small frying pan, toast walnuts for about a minute over high heat, stirring. Add maple syrup & pinch of salt & remove from heat. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. Pour over salad, toss to coat, top with cheese, craisins, & maple nuts. Combine with roasted (and chilled) gold beets, grated carrots, sliced salad turnips or chopped up sweet peppers for an even more amazing salad! Serves 3-4