This super easy Curried Daikon & Turnip recipe goes great over rice or lentils. If you don’t have both daikon radishes and turnips, you can substitute one for the other.
Curried Daikon & Turnip
- 2 tbsp. Driftless Organics Sunflower Oil (or peanut oil)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 medium yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 medium daikon radish cut into ½” pieces
- 1 medium scarlet turnip cut into ½” pieces
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1⁄4 tsp. red chile powder, such as cayenne
- Salt, to taste
- Heat oil in a 12″ skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and onion; cook until golden, 5–7 minutes.
- Stir in daikon, and the spices. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, covered, and stirring occasionally, until the veggies are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Salt to taste.