A refreshing chilled soup for those sweltering summer days! Check out our Chilled Cucumber Tahini Soup!
Chilled Cucumber Tahini Soup
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3½ Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
- ¼ cup fresh lemon basil, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 4-6 ice cubes
- 8oz roasted green beans (1/2 of your bag tossed with oil and cumin. Roasted at 425 for around 15 mintues or until browned)
- Place all the ingredients for the soup in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Scrape down the sides & add a little water if necessary.
- Taste and season to your liking with salt and pepper.
- Serve soup with roasted beans, additional lemon basil and a drizzle of oil.