These Swiss Chard Veggie Wraps make for a fun and healthy dinner. You can use whatever filling and sauces you like or use the ones suggested in the recipe below.
Swiss Chard Veggie Wraps
- 1 bunch Rainbow chard
- 1 cucumber, cut up into matchstick sized pieces
- 1 large handful green beans, chopped
- 1 cup of napa cabbage, finely chopped
- 2 cups grated zucchini or summer squash
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1½ cups Asian Sweet Chili Sauce Salt & pepper to taste
- Mix all of the wrap fillings together well.
- Chop the stalk off of the chard leaves from the base of the leaf. Steam the leaves for 5 minutes. Make sure not to over steam them or the leaves themselves will fall apart as you try to roll them. Carefully, cut the bottom 2 inches of backbone out of the leaf. You don’t need to remove the entire stalk. Just the part which gives it most of its strength.
- Place a scoop of your filling towards the butt of the leaf where you chopped off the stalk. This is where you will start to roll it. Also make sure the leaf is face down, stalk up.
- Top your filling with 2 Tbsp of sauce.
- Fold the sides over your fillings. Wrap over the end, slightly squeezing and folding the leaf under the fillings, then wrap the sides up and roll it.
- Use extra sauce for dipping!