Celeriac Mashed Potatoes
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Comfort Food
- This recipe is adapted from a recipe in ediblemadison.
- com, which also has a wonderful article about celeriac
- written by Dani Lind! Check it out here: www.ediblemadison.
- 2 pounds yellow potatoes, cut into chunks (peeled if you
- 2 celeriac, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 cup half-and-half or milk
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Freshly ground pepper
- Chives, chopped
- Place potatoes and celeriac in large saucepan, cover
- with water and add some salt. Bring to a boil over
- medium-high flame. Reduce heat to medium-low,
- partially cover pan and cook until vegetables are
- fully tender, about 15 minutes. Drain off water.
- Dry the vegetables in the pot, covered, over lowest
- flame for a few minutes. Meanwhile, in a separate
- pot or in the microwave, heat half-and-half and butter
- together. Use electric beaters or a hand masher
- to partially mash the vegetables in the pan. Add
- most of the hot cream mixture and continue mashing,
- adding more cream plus salt and pepper as desired,
- until potatoes are smooth (or stop sooner, if you like bumps).