Carrot, Gold Beet & Ginger Soup
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Soup
- 5 cups of carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 large or 3 medium gold beets, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 Tbsp Driftless Organics Sunflower Oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp ginger, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 Tbsp orange zest, grated
- 3 cups chicken or veggie stock
- 3 cups water
- Salt and pepper
- Yogurt Drizzle:
- ⅛th cup plain non-dairy yogurt
- drizzle of Driftless Sunflower Oil
- lemon zest, to taste
- Add the oil to a large pot and heat over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook until soft and translucent.
- Add carrots and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add beets, ginger, garlic and orange zest and stir well.
- Add the water and stock and stir well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn heat to high, and bring to a boil.
- After it begins to boil lower the heat to a medium-low.
- Partially cover with a lid and let boil for about 45 minutes.
- When everything is tender, puree with an immersion blender (or a blender, blending in batches) until smooth.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk together the yogurt, sunflower oil and lemon zest.
- Ladle soup into bowls, drizzle with yogurt sauce and enjoy!