This tasty Zucchini and Spinach Gratin comes together easily and will disappear quickly!
Zucchini and Spinach Gratin
- 2 lbs zucchini
- Your bag of spinach
- 3 slices of thick cut bacon, minced (optional)
- 1 bunch scallions
- 3 T chopped basil
- 2 green garlics, chopped
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- 3 eggs
- Driftless Organics Sunflower Oil or Olive oil
- Grate the zucchini and toss with about a teaspoon of Kosher salt. Place the grated zucchini in a large colander placed over a bowl. Let sit for 30 minutes or so, then squeeze out the remaining excess moisture.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat. Add the bacon and gently cook until lightly browned and most of the fat rendered out, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the spinach and scallions. Add the scallions & spinach to the bacon and cook for an additional 5 minutes, until they have softened.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the zucchini into a large bowl and mix in the cooked scallions and bacon, spinach, basil, garlic and half of the Parmesan. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Mix in the eggs.
- Coat the bottom and sides of a 2 quart casserole or gratin dish with a tablespoon of oil. Put the zucchini spinach mixture into the dish and pack it down.
- Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese over the top and drizzle with a little oil.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until the top is nicely browned.