You can make Annie’s Homemade Pizza with any of your favorite toppings! Grill it… trust me. It’s the best.
Annie's Homemade Pizza
- 1 T yeast
- 1 C lukewarm water
- ~2 C flour
- 1 T salt
- Toppings & Sauce:
- 3 small beets or 1 large beet
- chopped 2 fennel bulbs
- chopped 1 zucchini or summer squash
- chopped ¾ C goat cheese
- 1 bunch Italian parsley
- 4 garlic scapes
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
- 1 T red wine vinegar
- Olive oil
- Chili powder
- To make the crust: Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water and let proof for around 5min. Stir in the flour and salt. Add more flour as necessary to make a slightly sticky, tacky dough. Cover and let rise in a warm spot for 30-45 minutes or until doubled.
- For the toppings: Drizzle the beets & fennel with a little oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast in a preheated, 400 degree oven for 10 minutes before adding the zucchini/summer squash. Roast for another 10-15 minutes or until slightly browned and soft. Turn the oven up to 450 for the pizza.
- To make the sauce: Finely chop your parsley bunch and garlic scapes. Mix with 4 tablespoons of sunflower or olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, and a dash of chili powder. Salt to taste.
- Assemble the pizza: Deflate dough and spread onto a lightly oiled pan or parchment paper if using a pizza stone. Make sure your hands are very well floured before handling dough! Spread as much sauce as you like over the pizza crust and top with veggies and goat cheese. Cook in a 450 degree preheated oven for around 15 minutes (or on a hot pizza stone on your grill for less time.. whoa. so good.), until the dough is slightly browned and puffy.