Savory Strawberry Rhubarb Compote
Author: Dani Lind
- 1 ½ c. strawberries, sliced
- 1 ½ c. rhubarb, diced
- 1 stalk green garlic, white bottom & green stem up to leaves, minced
- 2 green onions, white & green parts, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. olive or Driftless sunflower oil
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. honey, to taste
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary or thyme
- Salt & black pepper taste
- In a heavy bottomed sauce pan, heat oil over medium & gently sauté green garlic & green onions a couple minutes until fragrant & just starting to brown.
- Add remaining ingredients & bring to a simmer, stirring frequently.
- Cook over medium/low heat until thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Taste & adjust seasoning as desired.
- Will keep in the fridge for a week, or freezeswell. Serve with grilled chicken, pork, or tofu or with soft cheeses like brie, blue, or chevre.