Turkish Zucchini Fritters
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 3 Tbsp. oil + more for frying
- 2 baby leeks, washed carefully & coarsely chopped (white & green parts)
- 2 medium or 1 large zucchini (about 1 lb), finely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 3 Tbsp. all purpose flour
- Black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh herbs like parsley, mint, oregano &/or dill
- 7 oz. feta cheese, mashed with a fork
- Heat 3 Tbps. oil over medium heat & sauté baby leeks until soft.
- Add zucchini & sauté, stirring, until soft & remove from heat.
- In a bowl, beat eggs with flour until well blended.
- Mix in black pepper, chopped herbs, & mashed feta.
- Fold in zucchini mixture.
- Heat a thin film of oil in a non-stick or well-seasoned cast iron skillet & fry about 2 Tbsp. of zucchini mixture, a few fritters at a time, turning each over once & cooking until lightly browned.
- Drain on paper towels & serve.