Sweet Thai Chili Broccoli
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 Tbsp. water or lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. white or rice vinegar
- 4 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, minced (or 2 Tbsp. green garlic)
- 2 tsp. hot sauce (Asian garlic chili Rooster sauce or similar)
- salt to taste
- 6 cups broccoli, cut into long pieces of stem with florets (about the amount in your box)
- 2 Tbsp. peanut, sunflower, or sesame oil
- In a small sauce pan, combine 1st 6 ingredients. Over low heat, bring to a boil, stir, & reduce to simmer for 10-15 minutes, until sauce becomes syrupy.
- Rinse broccoli florets in a collander. In a wok or skillet with a lid, heat oil.
- When hot, add broccoli, stir-fry for a couple minutes, until bright.
- Add sauce, cover, & cook for another minute or two. Serve immediately.