Ready to try something new with sweet potatoes? Check out this Sweet Potato Pizza Crust recipe – YUM!
Sweet Potato Pizza Crust
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes (around 2 medium sweet potatoes)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 400oF degrees, and set a large pot of water to boil.
- Peel and cut your sweet potatoes into quarters. Add potatoes to boiling water, turn down to simmer, and boil them for about 20 minutes or until a knife easily pierces the flesh.
- Drain potatoes from the water, and mash well in a large bowl.
- Add one cup of your sweet potato mash, flour, baking soda, Italian seasoning, and salt to a large bowl. Knead well together with your hands until the mixture resembles a ball of orange pizza dough.
- Line a baking sheet or pizza pan with parchment paper, and press out the dough to a large circle. The dough should be about a ½ inch thick.
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until the edges of the dough are slightly browned.
- Remove your pizza from the oven, add whatever toppings you like (we recommend: pesto, roasted beets, onions, spinach and goat cheese) and broil for three to five minutes until cheese is golden.
- Slice up, and enjoy immediately!