Pasta with Peas and Basil Garlic Scape Pesto is a great meal to throw together in a jiffy! If your schedule gets crazy like ours does here at Driftless Organics, prepare the pesto ahead of time and make this an even speedier meal!
Pasta with Peas & Basil Garlic Scape Pesto
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Side Dish
A quick summertime pasta dish. Some of that lovely salad mix would be nice on the side!
- 1lb. pasta of choice
- ¾ lb. snap or snow peas (about the amount in your box)
- 2 c. basil, loosely packed
- ½ c. garlic scapes, chopped
- ¼ c. sunflower oil or olive oil
- ¼ c. parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ c. pine nuts or walnuts
- salt & pepper to taste
- For pesto: In food processor (or blender) pulse scapes, parmesan, nuts, salt, & pepper until coarsely chopped.
- Add basil & then oil & pulse a few times more. Don’t puree it – it should be somewhat coarse. Set aside.
- Cook pasta in salted water.
- When pasta is almost done, add the peas and cook for another 2 minutes. Drain, rinse, and pour into a large serving bowl & toss with pesto.
- Add more oil & salt if necessary.
- Garnish with basil leaves, parmesan, or pine nuts.
Check out other great recipes from Driftless Organics.
Driftless Organics CSA farm delivers CSA boxes full of wholesome, fresh & organic produce to the Twin Cities, Madison and locally to Viroqua, LaCrosse & Prairie du Chein. Click HERE for more information.