A simple, healthy way to use your Asian greens! This tasty recipe is great paired with a stir fry or steak.
Organic Wilted Asian Greens with Ginger
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Side Dish
Serves: 2-3 servings
This recipe was created by Dani Lind of Rooted Spoon Culinary
- 4 cups mixed cooking greens, coarsely chopped (in this box, asian greens mix,
- turnip greens, radish greens, kohlrabi greens spinach)
- 1 Tbsp. Driftless sunflower oil
- 3 Tbsp. minced green garlic (white part & stem)
- 2 Tbsp. minced ginger
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar or mirin or rice cooking wine
- 1 – 2 Tbsp. tamari or soy sauce or Asian fish sauce
- black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Rinse greens in colander & let sit wet. Heat oil over medium-high heat in a saute pan with lid.
- Add green garlic & ginger, stir a few times, & add wet greens.
- Stir a couple times to coat greens with oil (you may have to add the greens in a couple batches if your pan is small) & cover for about 1 minute.
- Remove lid, add liquids & pepper, stir a few more times, remove from heat.
- Adjust seasoning to taste, sprinkle w/ sesame seeds & serve immediately.
- Top with the dressing, toss again and serve right away.
Check out other great recipes from Driftless Organics.
Driftless Organics CSA farm delivers CSA boxes full of wholesome, fresh & organic produce to the Twin Cities, Madison and locally to Viroqua, LaCrosse & Prairie du Chein. Click HERE for more information.