Our Organic Tomato & Olive Bruschetta is an amazing way to experience our delectable tomatoes!
- 1 loaf french bread, cut into thin ¼ inch slices
- sunflower or olive oil for drizzling
- 2 cups tomatoes, seeded & diced small (a mix of slicers/romas & sungolds are nice)
- ¼ c. onions or shallots, minced
- ¼ c. green, kalamata, or oil-cured black olives, coarsely chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. fresh basil or parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. olive or sunflower oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- cream cheese or goat cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line cut bread on a sheet pan in a single layer to make crostini.
- Drizzle or brush with oil.
- Bake until just starting to toast, about 10 minutes (check frequently as the type of bread, pan, & oven will all vary baking times). Let cool.
- Meanwhile, mix tomatoes, onions, olives, garlic, basil/parsley, oil, salt, & pepper in a bowl.
- Spread each crostini with a bit of cheese, if desired, top with tomato mixture, & serve immediately.
Check out other great recipes from Driftless Organics.
Driftless Organics CSA farm delivers CSA boxes full of wholesome, fresh & organic produce to the Twin Cities, Madison and locally to Viroqua, LaCrosse & Prairie du Chein. Click HERE for more information.