Organic Thai Basil Stir Fry is delicious on its own or paired with some Big River Beef!
- ½ c. vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce/tamari
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 – 3 tsp. hot sauce/chili paste or dried red chilies to taste
- 1 – 2 Tbsp. fish sauce, to taste (optional but highly recommended)
- 1½ Tbsp. safflower, peanut, or sesame oil
- 4 – 5 garlic scapes or 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, whites chopped & greens sliced (for garnish)
- 1 fennel bulb (core removed), cut into ½” slices
- 1 c. snow or snap peas
- 1 bunch collards (stems removed), coarsely chopped
- 10-20 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- In small bowl, whisk sauce ingredients until sugar is dissolved.
- In wok or large frying pan, heat oil.
- On high heat, stir fry garlic scapes, scallion whites, and fennel for about 20 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add vegetables and stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add sauce & continue to stir for another 2 minutes, until vegetable are cooked but still slightly crunchy.
- Add green onion tops & basil & serve.
Check out other great recipes from Driftless Organics.
Driftless Organics CSA farm delivers CSA boxes full of wholesome, fresh & organic produce to the Twin Cities, Madison and locally to Viroqua, LaCrosse & Prairie du Chein. Click HERE for more information.