This Organic Stir Fried Eggplant and Cabbage in Spicy Peanut Sauce recipe comes together in a snap and tastes great! We like to double the recipe and have leftovers for lunch the next day.
- 2 cups eggplant, cut into small cubes
- 2 sweet banana peppers, chopped up
- 4 cups coarsely chopped sweetheart cabbage
- 1 green zucchini or yellow summer squash
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- Driftless Organics Sunflower Oil (or other cooking oil)
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon tamari (soy sauce)
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 t finely minced cayenne pepper
- 4 cloves of garlic finely minced
- 1 teaspoon finely minced ginger
- Over medium high heat in a large skillet or wok begin stir frying eggplant and zucchini chunks in about a tablespoon of oil and a shake of salt. Allow the eggplant to brown on all sides stir frying about 10 minutes until the chunks are softened.
- In a separate bowl mix the vinegar, peanut butter, tamari, sugar, pepper, garlic and ginger into the sauce.
- Add the cabbage and peppers to the stir fry and toss cooking for 3-4 more minutes.
- Add the sauce to the vegetables and turn down the heat continuing to stir. The sauce should thicken in 2-3 minutes. Serve with rice.
Check out other great recipes from Driftless Organics.
Driftless Organics CSA farm delivers CSA boxes full of wholesome, fresh & organic produce to the Twin Cities, Madison and locally to Viroqua, LaCrosse & Prairie du Chein. Click HERE for more information.