Breakfast? Lunch? Dinner? This Organic Savory Chard Pie hits the spot!
- ⅔ c. chopped onions, scallions, and/ or garlic scapes
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, stems & leaves separated & coarsely chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 1 c. milk or ½ & ½
- 1 Tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 pie crust (unbaked)
- 1 c. cheese, grated (Swiss, Gruyere, Cheddar, Gouda, etc.)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh herbs (parsley, dill, thyme, etc.)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Saute onion/garlic in oil for a minute.
- Add chard stems & saute for a few minutes, until softened.
- Add chard leaves & saute while stirring until just wilted.
- Remove from heat. Beat eggs, milk, salt, & herbs.
- Spread chard mixture on bottom of crust. Top with grated cheese.
- Pour egg mixture over the top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until top is slightly browned & center is firm.
- Serve hot or cold.
Check out other great recipes from Driftless Organics.
Driftless Organics CSA farm delivers CSA boxes full of wholesome, fresh & organic produce to the Twin Cities, Madison and locally to Viroqua, LaCrosse & Prairie du Chein. Click HERE for more information.