Organic Ratatouille is the perfect recipe when you’re staring a box chuck-full of beautiful Driftless Organics produce in the face!
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 2 sweet peppers, cut in half & thinly sliced
- 1 patty pan squash or zucchini, cut in half & cut in ¼” sliced
- 1 medium-large eggplant, cut into 1” pieces
- 4 tomatoes, quartered
- 3 Tbsp. fresh rosemary & thyme (or 3 tsp. dried)
- ½ cup basil, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in large skillet. Saute onion & garlic for a minute or two.
- Add peppers & saute another minute. Add squash/zucchini, & eggplant, salt, & pepper, cover & cook for 10 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Add tomatoes, herbs, & basil.
- Cover & cook for another 20 minutes or so, until vegetables are tender.
- Adjust seasoning & serve with pasta.
- Delicious as pizza topping!
Check out other great recipes from Driftless Organics.
Driftless Organics CSA farm delivers CSA boxes full of wholesome, fresh & organic produce to the Twin Cities, Madison and locally to Viroqua, LaCrosse & Prairie du Chein. Click HERE for more information.