Check out our Organic Heirloom Tomato and Fresh Mozzarella Salad. A great way to capture the flavor of summer!
- 1 lb. heirloom tomatoes (mixed colors are pretty), sliced thickly
- ½ lb. fresh mozzarella (the kind in a salty brine), sliced/torn into bite sized pieces
- ¼ c. sweet onions, sliced into thin wedges
- 3 Tbsp. Driftless Sunflower Oil or olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil,
- stacked, rolled, & thinly sliced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients & allow to stand at room temperature for about a ½ hour before serving.
- Best served at room temperature to preserve proper texture of tomatoes.
Check out other great recipes from Driftless Organics.
Driftless Organics CSA farm delivers CSA boxes full of wholesome, fresh & organic produce to the Twin Cities, Madison and locally to Viroqua, LaCrosse & Prairie du Chein. Click HERE for more information.