Green Bean and Tomato Salad
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Side Dish/Salad
- 1 ½ lbs. green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- ½ lemon, zested and juiced, separated
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. tomatoes (grape, cherry or heirloom), cut into bite-size pieces
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook green beans for 3 to 5 minutes, until they are tender but maintain a bit of crunch. Plunge in ice water. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together shallot, garlic, honey, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper to make the vinaigrette.
- Toss green beans and tomatoes with the vinaigrette.
- Allow salad to rest for 5 minutes to let ingredients absorb flavor, and toss again before serving.