This Organic Cucumber, Fennel and Green Olive Relish is a perfect new addition to:
- Veggie Burgers
- Grilled Chicken
- 2 cups cucumbers, seeded (& peeled if you wish) & cut into small dice (1/4” or less)
- ½ cup fennel stems, peeled & cut into small dice
- ⅓ c. green olives, coarsely chopped
- ¼ c. green onions, coarsely chopped
- ¼ c. fennel leaves, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. basil chiffonade
- juice & zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. honey
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. olive or Driftless sunflower oil
- Combine lemon juice/zest, honey, salt & pepper in a medium bowl & whisk until honey & salt are dissolved.
- Add oil while whisking.
- Toss in remaining ingredients & serve or refrigerate.
- Serve with grilled chicken, crackers, or combine with salad greens, chickpeas, & feta cheese for a main course salad. The possibilities are endless!
Check out other great recipes from Driftless Organics.
Driftless Organics CSA farm delivers CSA boxes full of wholesome, fresh & organic produce to the Twin Cities, Madison and locally to Viroqua, LaCrosse & Prairie du Chein. Click HERE for more information.